Thursday, February 4, 2016

Quietfire Design V-day Digital Cards and New (to me) Deco Arts Products



I enjoy making Valentines day cards and the new cutting files from Quietfire Design's Suzanne Cannon in the Silhouette Store do not disappoint , and they are on sale!
Very different looks can be created with this file.
Heart Tree Card
15 minutes                                                                                          A bit longer!                                  

On the mat
The above file just needs to be ungrouped, cut and pasted.


I'm a new member of the DecoArt Helping Artist and Blogger Outreach Program.
DecoArt sent me some new(to me) products to play with, and I used 

I'm in love with this paste. Rub it on almost anything to get a true metallic shine.

Then I messed about to get a very different feel with the same file, the patterned paper card above.
A guy card?

The hearts are cut from Elizabeth Craft Designs Velvet Paper.

 This Brave Girl Card began as white Neenah and  was rubbed with a cloth with the Gold Metallic luster.
A fine line of Triple Thick Gloss was brushed on the edge and sprinkled with Gold Glamour Dust.
I like the distressed look of the edge.

is A Way With Words Die cut from the ECD Velvet paper. 
 Thinking the Triple Thick was like Glossy accents I used it to addd dimension to my message.
It doesn't stand up as well as GA, and clouded a bit.
I used the Decou-page to adhere  the messages. It holds well, dries quickly and the matte finish disappears if it gets where you don't want it.

Here the Danke die cut was cut from freezer paper and ironed on as a resist.
 Applying the Triple thick from a fine point helped it to set up better.

The back, embellished with the Metallic pastes and stamped in VersaFine.

 Glittered glue dots and tape, messages in Triple thick and the card sealed in Decou-Page

I hope you will try the Quietfire Design and DecoArt products to create some love for V- Day and every day!
I'll be using more of the DecoArt products in days to come, so if you have a specific product or technique you want featured let me know.

Comments and questions lovingly welcomed!






No comments: