Thursday, May 22, 2014

Walk in the Light/ When you get to the End of the light you know...

I needed a quick graduation card for a lovely young man going off to  Seminary.
I didn't know this was the stamp I was looking for, and it called to me.
Keeping it simple and masculine I cut the frame from Spellbinders Mystical Embrace 
(you want this one just for the name alone!)
and cut out the center panel with Matting Basic 5x7.
 and colored the frame  with gold paint.

The Quote is stamped on the center panel with VersaFine Onyx and thermal embossed, and  with the paper in the die colored with Distress Linen.

Use the Matting die to cut out a piece of fun foam and glue that on to the quote panel, coloring the side of the foam with black and gold ink, so if you see it from the side it doesn't look like its panties are showing.

Oops! I dropped the quote panel into some ink! and I had already glued it all onto the card!

So, I made another panel and glued it on top- More dimension!

May this be so, for all of us taking steps, not always knowing where we are going, learning to walk in  the Light and faith.
Come back soon- Blog candy announcement coming and more 15 minute wonders!

Comments and Questions always welcome.

6 comments:

Quietfire said...

This is so lovely - but EEEEK! You have my sympathy over dropping it. At least you had the perfect solution! :-)

I'm a Little Teapot said...

He will really like the card, Robyn! It is too bad that it was dropped but the end result with your clever fix is super nice!

Have a good evening!

Dawn S. said...

Love this sentiment and your card is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.

barbara macaskill said...

Beautiful card! Personally I think that it looks good with the "oopsie" ink but it is also beautiful without the extra ink! Great save! I am a new follower after seeing this gorgeous card and am looking forward to seeing more of your creations! TFS!

Robyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robyn said...

Welcome aboard and thanks fo rthe kind words!