Tuesday, December 10, 2013

WOYWW-Virgo Alert!

After spending mucho hours looking for particular stamps, I put out a distress call on how to organize said stamps and got fab suggestions, and it came to me in the middle of the night...
Rolodex!
Binders just don't work for me for indexing, so now I can alphabetize and categorize to my (sun, moon , mercury, venus in the 6th house) Virgo heart's content and be able to change it up quickly and easily.
On the ring on the right I have our newest stamps on tags, so I can easily show them off in my 
Art On The Go 
life.
Stamps by Quietfire- do hop over and take a look .I bet you can't order just one.
Digital files too!
NYR
I will index each new stamp and put it into the rolodex

At least I will know what I have. This winter the plan is to get all the unmounteds in sleeve protectors with a card index so I don't have to read backwards, possibly alpha-ed and categorized.
I call you when I get there!!!
In other news... center is the ornament from the Imagine exchange. I don't know who it's from!? and it's lovely.
See the To Do list trying to peek out? Best to bury it!
The blue are my tag/bookmarks for the Cyperscribes Holiday exchange.
And the usual cast of characters!

Thanks for stopping by!
Comments and Questions welcomed.

12 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wow, you have a LOT going on this week. I'm impressed with your multi-entry Rolodex stamps. Since it seems to work for you, I guess the extra work is going to pay off. Have a great WOYWW from #1.

Unknown said...

We do have to have everything organized. I like that system. Have fun. #12

Darnell said...

It's early in the WOYWW hop, but several are talking about organizing! You are getting a head start on those new year resolutions. I think your idea of indexing using a rolodex is quite genius, Robyn! Good luck with it and your other plans! You're a girl after my own heart! Happy WOYWW and have a great week!! Hugs, Darnell #22

Helen said...

I think you have a marathon ahead of you, but good luck... Have a good week. Helen 24

Unknown said...

You are an absolute genius, love the rolodex idea. I'm trying to avoid my room organising at the moment, but you have certainly got the cogs in my head turning.. thanks for sharing. Have a great week and happy crafting DeDe #5

Donna Wheat said...

great idea for indexing your stamps, keep meaning to do mine but still haven't got around to it, love your new stamps, Donna #42

Super Stamp Girl said...

Holy genius idea with the rolodex of stamps! Who says the rolodex is antiquated now!? I'm so jealous of your crafting space, Robyn. I have seen so many others WOYWWers that have windows directly over their desks and the light must be awesome! I'm bannished to my basement - with zero, count them zero, windows! Happy WOYWW!

Christine said...

Love that ornament! Lucky you.

Bishopsmate #73

Carole said...

I think we will never be completely organized...it's an on going ever growing project. Good luck! Thanks for sharing. Be well Carole #66

Whimcees said...

Hello!

A busy workdesk and many wonderful things being created! Wishing you a happy holiday season!

Hugs,

Barbara DIane

Jackie said...

It all sounds. Very organised to me, when you have stamps you need a system to know what you have
Jackie 40

Unknown said...

That is quite the way to index your stamps. I keep mine is CD cases and the set name alphabetized. You desk looks busy and love the little ornament. Happy Belated WOYWW!
Carol N #68