Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Friends, friends, Maryland, Virginia and Delaware

A week is not long enough to travel almost 2000 miles, be with dear friends and commune with sun, surf and spirit!

Faith, Che and I left Montreat on a Friday and headed for our first stop in western Maryland, at the trail head of the Appalachian Trail, the C and O canal and the Potomac river and my sister in spirit Diane.
We were so busy talking, I forgot to take photos of her beautiful park like home.

Saturday we went to the Leesberg VA farmers market, and a smaller market, and then to Don and Rhonda's home and dahlia farm.
Cafe au lait- my fave.






They sell cuts and personal care products made with their bee's honey and propolus, so check them out here.

Sunday we were Henlopen Acres bound, by way of Annapolis Meeting.
Their newish Meeting house is lovely and functional and after meeting we enjoyed one of the best potluck lunches I've been to in a long time!

Sharon has been a friend and confidant for longer than almost anyone else alive.
Welcome to Tidewater!

this is the view of the inter-coastal waterway from my bedroom.




Of course she has arial slings!

Love you Sharon!
Ha HA

Last stop, was Loblolly house, Taylors Island, MD.


Barbara another long time friend was there to greet us!
Hugs all around





from the bedroom







I'll let the photo's speak for themselves, and you can see a good video here..

The next day Carol arrived, who's 4th Great Grandfather used to own the land the house was build on, and she toured us around the island.


Ancestral home      




Ancestors







Oldest Catholic Church in Maryland






The water was surprisingly warm, no sea nettles or jelly fish. Even I took a swim in the bay.







The most exciting part of the trip was on the way home, a 55gal drum fell off of a truck, and Faith skillfully kept us from having an interstate highway accident. It did graze the car!





Wonderful trip and no matter where I roam, be it ever so humble, there's no place like home!
photo by Ken Waldroup


Comments and questions always welcomed!






2 comments:

The grandmommy said...

What a lovely fun filled trip. It is getting me geared up for my proposed trip to my mother's birthplace.

Quietfire said...

Great photos! You had fabulous weather! Thanks for sharing!