Monday, May 27, 2013

Happy Fathers Day-The Back Story

I haven't made a Fathers day card in a long time. My birth Dad died young, and Grand Pop Larry, as he was know died almost 20 years ago.

One of the things they had in common and shared with me, was love of the sea, so when I found this shell themed paper, the rest just followed.
Construction details and product links are over at Quietfire Creations.

Both Dads, had their strengths and weaknesses and both encouraged and supported me, to become a strong independent woman.

Both of them were on the quiet side, and not at all showy, so I held back from my usual glittery self.
I never gave either of them flowers, and I wish I had.....



Bouquets for both!
The Queen Annes Lace stamp is from the Weed Love Set by Bibi of Natures Print Shop. Bibi is a guest Designer for Quietfire Creations and creates her stamps from live plant material. Thanks Bibi!

I'm passing this card on to my daughter to give to her Dad, who helped to make me a Mom of my three amazing children, for whom I am eternally grateful.
Happy Family Days to all!

Comments and Questions always welcomed.


No comments: