Saturday, February 23, 2013

Give and Ye Shall Receive

Children and Friends, a non profit daycare and enrichment center in Black Mountain NC, creates a loving, safe, caring environment for our most precious souls, aged infant to 5.

Many of the families served are single Moms, working for less than a living wage.

The wonderful staff also work for way less than I wish they did.

Our community supports them as we can, and I heard they needed washable covers for the sleeping mats.
I put the word out to the Fiber Art Alliance group and got a car full of wonderful fabrics and with a bit of time at the machine cranked out a pile of soft, comfy mats.

I know I get back more than I give when I find the time to do projects like this one.
I hope you will join me.
There is need in your community that your art can fill.

Questions and comments always welcomed.

No comments: