Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Holiday Handmade


It's that most wonderful time of the year when I wonder what my handmade ornament will be for this year. 
We say we do "no presents" in my family and ornaments make a great no present.

I saw these stars on a yarn web site, the pattern was typical knitter code, so I made a sample in the orange yarn that seems to grow in my yarn bins.

I messed about till I got a star I was happy with and a pattern I could use to teach from.
Not very christmassy.
Leslie is creating Felted Witches Hats in the Nice Threads Studio
and with my timeline, this was as close as I was going to get for making one for this year.







These Light Beings are going to look spectacular 
and sparkly on your tree.
If you're not on my list, come on by and let me 
teach you how to make one
and...
as an added bonus learn how to write the pattern so it makes sense to you and you can modify it if you like.

Comments and questions welcomed!

1 comment:

Quietfire said...

I LOVE the witchy star!!!