Sunday, March 4, 2012

Radish/ It's What You Want

There comes a time in every active Bloggers life when you are MIA.
Thanks to all who emailed and messaged me to see if I am all right.
I am.
Friday I planted radishes. I love radishes. Radish sandwiches, grated raw in salad, cooked in soup, greens and garlic.
The package cried out to be cut and pasted.
I learned something new. If you cover your paper with matte medium and let it dry well, you can color over it and blend and smudge. It helps the card not to look like it has pieces of paper glued on it- more painterly.
I never know what to do with those pots of fuzzy stuff I got on sale one day. I think they look right here.
The stamp is from the Mini Images Quietfire collection. I highly recommend you add these on to your next order. You will thank me later!
This card was a mental health exercise. I was reading some escapist literature(?) and the male says to the female,
"It's what you want and that's all that matters."
Melt down  on my part. I've been in wonderful love and long term relationships and I don't think anyone ever said that to me.
So I said it to myself and wrote the words all over the card.
Try it some time. No hangover or bags under your eyes and I felt a lot better.

Questions and comments- please leave one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad to see you back. I love the card and the effect you created. Radishes are my favorite. I love them raw, with a bit of salt. Thank you for sharing, and hope your radish crop is yummy!

heartgarden said...

Yum. What a gorgeous montage of spring life!