Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Creative Chemistry -Day 7

No fun on day 6, no Distress Markers. I just heard mine on order might be in on Wednesday. Fingers Crossed.


Today we played with embossing powders.
To the left we embossed and inked over with distress and I sprayed and flicked.
Stamps by Quietfire










Below Right I did the same as above and then ironed off the embossing powder on the surface. More of a matte effect. Hard to see here. Enough plastic stays in the paper that it still acts as a resist.






Here we have a rusted look by doing everything you shouldn't do when you emboss. After you put on the powder flick and rub some off. I think I should have taken off more for more room for the ink to penetrate.


I didn't do the distress emboss tag as I don't have any distress emboss powder and for some reason I don't feel I need any. It's a happy feeling!








Comments and questions always welcome.

2 comments:

Winnie said...

Great tags. Can't wait to try them tonight. I just saw the first video and yes, I am a flicker..I will have to change my ways. I look forward to trying the distress powder, but only have a jar to try...Can't see that I need more powders...

Creatique Candy said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the way you did your tags! You always surprise me with your use of hues & blending. Just love it so much! TFS