Saturday, January 21, 2012

FAQ

I had planned on having a few days off to enjoy finishing works in progress and a friend got ill and I went into town a few days to keep the store fires burning, do inventory, help customers. Meanwhile, this is what happens to a desk when you have more ideas than time to spend with them.
So you know good stuff is coming, it just might be awhile.
Reminder-the Quietfire Queen of Hearts Challenge is Feb 14-so get your hearts on now and be sure to post to win prizes and look at all the posts for inspiration.
I got a few questions about the box :
Why do you need to make the cuts?
You don't. The box can be folded with the corners as a reverse inverse fold. I find making the cuts makes it easier to fold,and if you are going to put a box inside a box they fit nicer.
What kind of paper do you use?
The weight I like best is calendar pages-about a 45-50 lb paper. Experiment.
How do the butterflies hang from the box?
I die cut the butterflies and strung them on gold thread with beads as spacers- take your string back through the bead to hold it in place. I tucked the string underneath the triangles where the sides of the box meet and held it in place with a piece of double stick tape and folded the sides on top and they stuck to the tape as well.

The main question on the lumenaria is when will I post the video!
All I can say to that is soon, so stop by often to see what is up here.

Please also visit me on FB at Nice Threads and to read what is on my heart at Still Waters Refuge.
I truly value and appreciate each one of your comments and hope I answered all your question.
Thanks for journey my creative journey and inviting me along on yours!

1 comment:

Quietfire said...

oooo, look at all the cool things on your table! I can hardly wait to see what you're going to create next!

Love the butterfly paper - it looks soooo yummy!