Monday, July 18, 2011

One is Silver

Make new friends
and keep the old,
One is silver
and the other's gold.
This weeks Created Byhand Challenge is Ribbon/Silver.
I went all out silver on this one. I wasn't thinking of this round we sang as Girl Scouts, and I'm please with the simple elegance of this card.
Shout out to Gina K for the background. I covered the card with Perfect Medium and thermal embossed silver, let cool and embossed with a Cuttlebug folder.Video here.I sanded it just a bit to cut the shine.
The quote I stamped in silver just to be safe and thermal embossed silver- no sanding.
I colorized the tag with Distress spun sugar and tattered rose using the blending tool.
Added the silver ribbon(I knew there was a reason to buy those mini-mini- glue dots) and some Stickles cotton candy pearls;make up a bunch on your craft sheet- let them dry and keep in a tin and you don't have to wait for them to dry on your card.

Much as I love my art supplies, friends will get you through times of no art supplies better than art supplies will get you through time of no friends!  I hope you have plenty of both.
HUGE shout out to all my friends who got me through the car crisis. You know who you are.

Thanks for reading and your comments.
To read what is on my heart please visit Still  Waters Refuge.

5 comments:

Yogi said...

very nice. I love that quote.

Art By Wanda said...

Beautiful card!!!

Janet Baldwin said...

Don't you just love that embossed embossing technique? Gives such a lovely finish. Beautiful! And I remember that song as wel!!

Unknown said...

This is very pretty. I love the colors.

Quietfire said...

Robyn this is beautiful! I love it!