Monday, June 20, 2011

Storms

As I am typing, a huge storm is doing it's thing here in the mountains. It is truly awesome to watch. Full trees in motion.
Each time the electricity goes out, I wonder,"Is this it? Was that my last post?"
This weeks theme at Created Byhand is Sun and Moons/Yellow, in honor of the Solstice. My daughter in Chile reminded me that there, it is the shortest day. Must think Globally.
The background is mustard seed distress ink, put on the craft sheet, spritzed with water and lay the card into int, dry and repeat till you like it.
The quote is stamped in Versafine sepia and thermal embossed clear.
Lots of stamping to round off the theme, I colored with stardust pens and glaze pens and some watercolor just for fun.
I hope you take some time to listen to the trees.
thanks for leaving  your comments and please post your own entry for the challenge.

3 comments:

Yogi said...

nice. I think you chose the Yellow theme - BIG GRIN

Not sure what happened to the CBH blog post, but it sure looks weird on my end.

Marjie Kemper said...

Love that sentiment and how you have the sun peeking down over it.

StampDancer said...

This is a lovely piece - and to me -- a peaceful one. Nice work.