Monday, April 18, 2011

What Goes Around Comes Around


Use it up
Wear it out
Make it do
Or do without.
Lessons from Great Grandmothers.
That being said, I just got a huge pile of new rubber from Quietfire.
And the cutest tool on earth- the tiny Tissue Paper Tape Dispenser. Had to have it.Here is a link to T!m's blog showing how to use it. He has one for each roll of tape!
The theme of the Created Byhand Challenge this month is 'Circles'.
The background paper is the board from the tape dispenser container. I punched the scalloped circle out of an old advert for an art exhibit and embossed my new( to me) Ginkgo stamp in gold.
Also new are the flourished hearts-mirror imaged.
LOVE THESE. Thanks Suzanne. I want every stamp in mirror image- leave me a comment if you know of a good technique to get a mirror image of your stamps.
The quote was stamped in black and the hearts red and embossed clear. I like to use clear when I can as stray bits of embossing powder don't show as much.
The card is very glossy so everything needs to be thermal embossed.
The good news about heavy gloss is if you don't like your stamped image you can wipe it off.
The tiny circles are punched out of the lining of an envelope from a card from Diana*BSIL*. Stardust pens doodled too.
Please read Still Waters Refuge for what's going on in my heart.
Thanks for visiting and please leave a comment.

6 comments:

Yogi said...

very nice. Lots of recycled stuff. The scalloped circle is interesting and i love the little circles.

Vic said...

Love your card! Google comes up with several mirror/reflection techniques: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/reflection_technique/

http://www.scrapjazz.com/topics/Techniques/Stamping/1284.php

I'm going to try it out.

Anke said...

Beautiful card ...

Art By Wanda said...

Very nice, Robyn!!! I save all my Tim package inserts for use!!!

design elements said...

lovely card and a great message!

Marjie Kemper said...

Great recycling project, Robyn! That's our current theme at the Frilly & Funkie challenge - you may want to check it out as there's a great group of people and even a $ prize. As for the kissing technique, I did splurge awhile back on a blank stamp for just that. It works like a charm!