Sunday, April 10, 2011

Keep It Simple?


My favorite part of a blog hop is the inspiration and new ideas i get from looking at all the blogs. Being one of the blogs visited brings more than the usual comments and I was thrilled during the Quietfire/Spellbinders Spring Hop, to have many comments that said they liked and admired that I keep my cards on the simple side. Especially for the Created Byhand Challenge, I pick a Quietfire stamp and try to enhance and highlight the quote with the background and other elements.
I love the multi-layered, beribboned and jeweled cards my sisters-in-ink create, and it's just not me.
I feel honored that my own style is also enjoyed by blog hoppers and viewers and that the feelings of inspiration are mutual.
For 25 years I lived in community with an arts and crafts studio open 24/7 and now I live alone on top of a mountain- and you, my digital friends, are my creative support.
Thanks, and on with the show.

I got this stamp as a gift years ago and have been waiting to use it, so selfishly I themed this weeks challenge, Dancing shoes/vintage.
Starting with white cardstock I inked it up with antique linen and old paper distress ink. I stamped the shoe with Versafine vintage sepia and thermal embossed clear. Inked up the shoe area with
spun sugar distress ink. I use the foam ink blending tool and cut and dry nibs to put on the ink. I always work on the craft sheet, unless I am cutting.
then -shout out to Yogi-I used the hammer method to emboss the background with the small dots cuttlebug folder. I put the card inside the folder and hit it with the hammer exactly where i wanted the embossing. I colored some old lace edging with old paper distress ink, glued it on and highlighted the embossing and messed about with my trusty stardust pens.
The tag is an old spellbinders die, I assume retired(vintage?) inked it up and thermal embossed the quote. I used a cut and dry nip to stamp just the word i wanted from the stamp and used my positioner to get it right.
Since I had the hammer out,I added a copper eyelet to the tag. Pretty fancy for me!
I hope you put on your dancing shoes and dance into creativity this Spring .
Please leave a comment-and keep it simple!LOL!

3 comments:

Yogi said...

love your piece. Turned out really great. Love the colors and that bit of lace. Good use of that word...

Lindart said...

Love this card Robyn! The shoe is a very cool stamp, and the eyelet just added that perfect finishing touch!

Susan said...

hey Robyn, cool shoe! inspiring blog