Monday, March 21, 2011

Under Water?


With everything going on in the world today I'm glad my head is above water. Dry thoughts to Suzanne who had a flood in the Quietfire studio.
Ironically this weeks Challenge theme is Water/Silver.
The background is a piece of postcard- shout out to Diane-BFF-from I think the Outer Banks of NC. Added some silver flourishes and the Quote. Everything had to be thermal embossed and set as the card is very glossy. I think it added to the watery look.
Hop over to Still Waters Refuge for the prayer.
Maybe out of context and still, here is the poem by Mary Oliver that is with me this week.

When I Am Among the Trees

by Mary Oliver

When I am among the trees,

especially the willows and the honey locust,

equally the beech, the oaks and the pines,

they give off such hints of gladness.

I would almost say that they save me, and daily.

I am so distant from the hope of myself

in which I have goodness, and discernment,

and never hurry through the world

but walk slowly, and bow often.

Around me the trees stir in their leaves

and call out, “Stay awhile.”

The light flows from their branches.

And they call again, “It’s simple,” they say,

“and you too have come

into the world to do this, to go easy, to be filled

with light, and to shine.”

1 comment:

Yogi said...

very nice. the swirls go well with the water.