Sunday, December 5, 2010

We are all worthy

December 6 is the National(Canada) day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women. November 25 was the International Day for awareness of violence against women.
I want every woman to know that she is worthy of love, respect and safety. No women, no being on this earth needs to stay in an abusive or violent relationship because they don't deserve better. No woman deserves abuse or violence, no matter what any one tells you.
You are worthy. You are worthy.
It takes courage to leave a violent and abusive situation and you can do it.
Courage is fear that has said it's prayers. If you need help, if you can't pray for yourself contact me.
If you need help and don't know where to turn, leave me a comment , or email me and I will get you to the nearest support and help group in your area.
I pray with all my heart that the art in this weeks Created Byhand challenge with the theme
Fearless/White(the color of abuse and violence awareness) will lift up the importance of stopping acceptance of violence and abuse against women.
the quote speaks for itself. I stamped and heat embossed. I used some gesso on the background of the card to add texture.
Yes, life is a balancing act and times can be rough-
and you are not alone and you are worthy.
Please post your own entry and leave a comment.

4 comments:

Yogi said...

ah that's a nicely balanced ATC or card. Nice image too.

Yvonne said...

Beautiful phrase, Robyn!

CK Chai said...

A really nice ATC and the white is simply outstanding!

Unknown said...

Robyn, It's great that Canada raises awareness that way. Your work is really beautiful.