Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Betty's BookClub Bookmarks

I made a set of these bookmarks for Betty,who graciously shares her Montreat home with me. Betty and her husband Dick are kind generous people I am blessed to know and I am grateful she asked me to create these for her book club. Betty has a Queens College Alumni gathering each summer and the ladies allowed me to be a 'Queen for a Day' at their book club gathering. The conversation was educational, intellectual and fun! I'm still working on that book reading list.
thank you Betty.
The top punch is a MS around the page corner punch. I heat embossed the quote and the rose. the Background is distress ink shmooshed around with a foam applicator. Then I overstamped with a backgound leaf stamp. the little books are Spellbinders Labels 7- they look like books to me- and the bottom punch is an old Fiscars- on it's way out.
I'm pretty sure there is some stardust pen on there somewhere
I couldn't decide what ribbon to use on the top, so i used two different ones. Each bookmark is personalized by name so they can't fight over them!
This set of bookmarks and the 12 days of Christmas Mingle have led me to believe I am a one of a kind girl- or maybe a related series -and not a production artist. When you get something from me, you can be sure it is one of a kind, for better or for worse.
Leave me a comment with your current reading list.

6 comments:

CK Chai said...

These bookmarks are very lovely, I'm sure Betty & Dick will love them.

Art By Wanda said...

Really pretty bookmark, Robyn!!!

Quietfire said...

These are absolutely lovely Robyn!

Unknown said...

Robyn, I am one of the lucky recipients of your beautiful, creative work. It is a work of art, and I feel so fortunate to have it and to know and love Betty. She and Dick are indeed fortunate to have you in their lives, too.

Judyknits said...

Hi Robyn,
They are beautiful!! Will see you next week. Home from Florida on Wed. night!

Neet said...

Absolutely gorgeous Robyn - thanks for the comment on my Advent House - have now entered it in the challenge you recommended.
Thank you so much.