Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Hot Hot Hot


I don't know where y'all are, and here in Montreat, near Asheville, NC it has been hot(for us).
I got my dermatological pathology back-and basically it said I have freckles. To reward myself-oh yes -I also got my tax refund(with interest) I stopped at the LSS-Shout Out to the Stamp Artist Place and got some new toys. I wanted to use them all in one card as I guess my brain has melted in this heat.
So for this weeks theme of Hot Hot Hot in the Created Byhand Tuesday Challenge, I thank the sheltering trees of Montreat for refuge from all of the elements.

The background is pigment ink stamped on the craft sheet and sprayed with water. Press the paper in, drying between presses till it looks good. I stamped with the Quietfire Friendship is stamp. I thought the floursh on that stamp looked like clouds. the lettering is embossed with Ranger Pearls embossing powder(new toy, I mean tool)-it's interference, so you need to stamp it on dark ink or paper. I used part of one of the flourishes for the bottom an used a lot of stardust glitter pen to highlight and make it hotter. The tree is punched out of a foil candy wrapper- Shout out to Elaine of Black Mountain Farmers Market for saving me foil candy wrappers- someone has to do it!

8 comments:

Art By Wanda said...

Very pretty!! Beautiful background and I like the foil tree!!!

Yogi said...

interesting take on the theme. very nice background.
Glad you got some new toys to play with - that's always so much fun

K said...

beautiful!

badfaerie said...

I'm probably just caffeine deficient, but I don't see the "Frendship is". Did you just use the flourished from it?

The back ground is brilliant. It visually captures the nasty heat that we have had, and I hear will have again later this week.

Rosie said...

Wow, this is wonderful, I love your background

heartgarden said...

Saw the previous work from the Red is the new black challenge. Looks like red is in and I'm loving it.
Isn't(Fruedian slip - sin't) red the color of happiness in China?

Kris Dickinson said...

Lovely bg!

Quietfire said...

Wow! You do *hot* really well! Thanks for the inspiration!