Monday, March 8, 2010

You GO Girl


Here is my entry in the Created by Hand Tuesday Challenge, You GO Girl, honoring March 8- International Woman's day.
I'm eternally grateful to my Mom, Helen O'Boyle, who raised me to believe I could do anything I wanted to do.
I wanted to portray different stages of life and differing colors of woman.
Each of these women is smiling. I believe the most radical response to today's culture is to be happy.
I spread Jones tones glue and wrote into it with a pilot parallel pen, let it dry for an hour and applied the foil. lots of stickles glitter glue, stardust pens and the inkssential white pen .
My prayer for all woman is to know that we are women of wisdom, courage, strength, creativity and compassion, with wisdom, strength, courage and time enough to do what is before us each day.
thanks for looking and leave a comment( I know you were here- I have a counter)

6 comments:

Yogi said...

very nice

Rika said...

Very nicy card.

badfaerie said...

Your work is beautiful as always Robyn.

Faye said...

Robyn, what a fine inspiration piece for CBH. It's beautiful. I loved your written tribute to your mother too.

peggy gatto said...

gosh you have a lot of fun art at your blog!!! I love your tins!
I enjoyed my visit!!!

Kris Dickinson said...

This is a wonderful, inspiring piece!